Ball valve serves mainly as cutting, distributing and changing the flow direction of medium. Ball valve is widely used in recent years as a new type of valve. It has the following advantages:
1. The fluid resistance is small, and its resistance coefficient is equal to the length of tubulation.
2. It has simple structure, small volume and light weight.
3. It is compact and reliable. At present, plastic ball valves
are widely used as the sealing surface material of ball valve and the ball valves have good sealing performance. It also has been widely used in the vacuum system.
4. It is easy to operate, open and close quickly. Just rotate 90° from starting opening it to closing it completely. It is advantageous for the remote control.
5. It is easy to maintain. The ball valve structure is simple. The sealing ring is generally removable which is more convenient for replacement.
6. The ball valve
body and the sealing surface of the ball valve seat are isolated from the medium if the ball valve is opened and closed fully. And when the medium pass through it, then it can not cause the valve sealing surface erode.
7. The applicable scope is wide. Its size range is from a few millimeters to a few meters. And it can be applied from high vacuum to high pressure.